CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 9, 2008

Chris Lay

It just so happens that some of the best local music I've heard in quite a while comes from someone I've known since he was 10 years old! Now, 14 years later, and working solo, Chris Lay has an incredibly polished sound whose vocals and instrumentals will remind the listener of the likes of Ben Folds ("When I'm Asleep" and "She Won't Fall"), Jason Mraz ("Perfect World"), Ryan Cabrera ("Fine Place, Kira's Song") and Incubus ("This Time Around"). Beginning as a star drummer in high school (where I shared a band class with him, his father as the teacher), Chris now masters each elemental instrument himself, including strong piano (which always gets me, personally), guitar, and, of course, drums. Not to mention his accessible, sincere voice. If you don't listen to any other music today, do not miss his music: www.myspace.com/chrislaysongs.

0 comments: